VRDS established very good rapport with Forest, Wildlife, Bio-Diversity Board, Dalit Foundation etc., in planning and implementation of the following projects.
- Joint Forest Planning and Management: VRDS acted as resource agency in conducted various capacity development training programme and PRA exercise for micro plan preparation to SHGs and VFC members on the guidelines of JFPM. VRDS also facilitated for reactivation of defunct VFCs, in the project area. Extended hand hold support to VFC members for effective implementation and monitoring of VFC micro plan at field level (2006-11)
- JFPM in Wildlife: Motivated villages adjacent to wildlife area for preparation of micro plan through PRA exercise and increased their participation.
- Biodiversity Record: Involved local Community in Bio Diversity Management at Grama Panchyath level. Peoples People’s Bio Diversity Record process facilitated and documented in 12 G.P. of Haveri District and 3 G.P. in Gadag District, with support of Karnataka Bio Diversity Board, Bangalore in 2008 – 2011.
- Empowerment of Dalit Community: Facilitated the process of empowering g Dalit Community into main stream activities. Involved Dalits in the decision process of the Village Development. Facilitated to access girl child education, land issues, and other social issues. Organized dalit women self help group, federation, capacity development, skill development and linkages with banks and line department to start viable income generation programme. Organized Dalit cultural mela and increased their creativity. Support for Dalit atrocity cases. The project successfully implemented in five grama panchyath viz., Kakola, Itagi, Kadaramanagalagi, Kakola tanda and Asundi of Ranibennur and Byadagi taluk, with support of Dalit Foundation, New Delhi during 2008-2010.
- Grassroots Advocacy Efforts and Campaigns implemented in the past
- For the protection of Human rights
- Protection of common property Resources.
- Advocacy and Lobby on effective implementation of Food Security Programme.
- Advocacy and Lobby on effective implementation of Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act. (MGNREGA).
- Advocacy and Lobby on effective functioning of PHC and PHU, and District Health system for the vulnerable.
- Effective utilization of Right to Information Act.
- Organizing peoples against irregularities and pro policy for the common people
- Mass awareness through media and rallies
- Community Learning Movement
The programme implemented with support of National Center for Advocacy Studies. NCAS, Poona, FIAN, Belgaum, Right to Food Campaign, Karnataka, Grameena Koolikarara Sanghatane (State Level Network), HID Forum, Bangalore, Janarogya Andholana – Karnataka (JACK), Hubli and with other right based NGOs network.